Popular Posts

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Suarez apologises for not shaking Evra’s hand

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has issued an apology after refusing to shake Manchester United captain Patrice Evra's hand before the side's game on Saturday.


The Reds went on to lose 2-1 and Suarez has been roundly criticised for his actions since, with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson branding him 'a disgrace'.


But now Suarez has issued a statement of regret and insisted he wants to put the whole matter behind him.


He said: "I have spoken with the manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.


"I've not only let him down, but also the club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.


"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.


"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts