Popular Posts

Monday, February 13, 2012

Exclusive – Bull: Six teams are in fight to survive relegation

Wolverhampton Wanderers legend Steve Bull has told talkSPORT that six teams, including the Old Gold, are fighting it out to avoid relegation.


Two points currently separate the bottom five teams with West Brom sitting just five points away from the drop zone.


And as Wolves and the Baggies go head-to-head in a Midlands derby clash today, Steve Bull reckons race for survival will go down to the wire.


“I think there are six teams down there that are going to be fighting at the end of the season and I think West Bromwich Albion will be one of them,” he told Weekend Sports Breakfast.


“Anybody below thirty points at this moment in time are down there. I think QPR are coming through a sticky patch, Blackburn had a good result [against QPR] but they’re down there anyway, Wigan had a good result as well.


“I think it’s going to be a fight between about five or six of us but I think QPR, Blackburn and Wigan will be down there with us.”


Meanwhile Bull has reiterated his belief that Mick Mccarthy can guide Wolves out of trouble.


“I think Mick knows what he’s got to do,” he said. “He’s survived over the last four or five years with us and I think he’ll carry on doing it. He’s got good strategic plans.”


“I do think it will go to the wire but I hope Wolves aren’t there in it.


“I can’t put my finger on it. They seem to play the first 45 minutes like world beaters and of a sudden they can’t sustain it. They just seem to pull the odd result out again that get’s them up there [out of the relegation zone].”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts