Popular Posts

Friday, December 23, 2011

Sports News: Terry vows to clear name


England skipper John Terry has vowed to clear his name after being charged with racially abusing Queens Park Rangers player Anton Ferdinand.


The Crown Prosecution Service have confirmed their intention to prosecute Terry over remarks he made during an altercation with Ferdinand during a match at Loftus Road in October.


"I am disappointed with the decision to charge me and hope to be given the chance to clear my name as quickly as possible," said Terry.


Terry was caught on camera making a remark, although claimed he was merely repeating an accusation he felt had been made by Ferdinand.


"I have never aimed a racist remark at anyone and count people from all races and creeds among my closest friends," he added.


"I will fight tooth and nail to prove my innocence. I have campaigned against racism and believe there is no place for it in society."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts