Popular Posts

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Beckham rules out English options

 Beckham helped LA Galaxy to the MLS title for the first time since 2005 David Beckham has said he does not see himself playing for an English club if he returns to European football.


The former Manchester United player's contract with Los Angeles Galaxy runs out at the end of December.


Beckham, recently linked with Paris St Germain, is now weighing up his options and told BBC Radio 1 he has received interest from two "big European clubs".


"I played for the biggest club in England and couldn't see myself playing in another English shirt," he said.


"I've got options, which is amazing at my age," he added. "A couple of big European clubs are after me.


"I have a decision to make and I haven't made it yet."


Beckham has not ruled out staying in the United States, where he has played since 2007.


On Sunday, he won the MLS Cup with LA Galaxy in what could be his final competitive game for the club.


"I might still be here next year playing," he said. "I need to sit down with friends and family and decide what's best for me.


"I have enjoyed everywhere I have played and it doesn't matter where I finish my career."


Beckham has always said he would not play for another English club after leaving Manchester United in 2003 to join Real Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts